If you are a youth, collegiate, elite, or professional athlete, when you are injured, you need a physical therapist with experience rehabilitating sports-related injuries.
Athletes place higher demands on the muscles and joints and also require sport-specific training to recover speed, power, and agility. This is the specific training that the therapists at Physical Therapy Specialists provide.
Our physical therapists have years of experience rehabilitating athletes with:
- Postsurgical rehabilitation of the knee, shoulder, ankle, hip, and spine
- Shoulder & rotator cuff injuries
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL rehab
- Post-fracture rehab
- Tennis elbow
- Overhead sports injuries (throwing, swimming, etc.)
- Running & cycling injuries
A Personalized Recovery Process
The process starts with a thorough evaluation of your condition and your personal goals. We then provide a custom program including the following:
- Control of Pain & Inflammation
- Recovery of Range of Motion
- Hands-on Techniques
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Core & Extremity Strengthening
- Balance & Proprioceptive Activities
- Speed, Endurance, & Power Training
- Sport-specific Retraining
Optimizing the Recovery Process
Injuries are an unfortunate side effect of sports but they don’t have to sideline you indefinitely. With the application of the latest clinical research, we can work hand-in-hand with your referring physician/surgeon to optimize the recover process so you can reach your full potential.
Give us a call today to learn more about our sports rehabilitation program.
- STOP Sports Injuries Initiative - Andrews Sports Medicine: The development of STOP (Sports Trauma and Overuse Prevention) Sports Injuries was initiated by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) in early 2007. Members of the Society's Board of Directors, including STOP Sports Injuries co-campaign chair and renowned orthopaedic surgeon, James R. Andrews, MD, decided that the issue of overuse injuries in young athletes was becoming a critical issue for its members to address.
- Youth Baseball Injuries and Prevention Conference - Athens Orthopedic Clinic: Through didactic presentations, live demonstrations, and case-based discussions, our expert faculty will help you navigate the key issues in managing the baseball athlete. They'll offer practical solutions based on their experience to help you deal with shoulder, elbow, core, and knee injuries. Plus, they'll be available throughout the meeting to answer all your questions.